Wednesday, September 12, 2007

In the News: J.R. Organics launches CSA program

J.R. Organics has finally launched their Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program! I received a mocked-up version of their CSA brochure (and heard whisperings of farm tours and newsletters) a couple months back at the farmers' market and have been waiting anxiously for it to start up. According to the North County News, quarterly payments will purchase you a box of fresh, locally grown organic produce delivered weekly or biweekly (your choice) to any of the four Grangetto Farm & Garden Supply locations (Escondido, Encinitas, Fallbrook, or Valley Center). For those in the north county, this is a great opportunity to support a local, sustainable farm. Applications are available at Grangetto's or you can contact the farm directly at (760) 805-2278 or by e-mail at csajrogrganics@aol.com.

A correction: Just found out that they'll be delivering CSA boxes to Farmers' Markets all over San Diego, which makes this CSA accessible to all San Diegans. Darn, and I just paid for another quarter with Be Wise!

2 comments:

Kara DeFrias said...

Just found your site and I love it! My husband and I are moving to Solana Beach from Philadelphia, and want to join a CSA. We were going to join SeaBreeze but decided to dig a little more first and up comes your site on Google. It's very informative and helpful.

Now, instead of SeaBreeze, I'm thinking about J.R., but I'm confused by your last comment -- are you upset J.R.'s available to all San Diegans? That you cancelled Be Wise? Looking forward to your thoughts.

Kara

Melanie Lytle said...

Kara - thanks for commenting! I'm thrilled that J.R. Organics is available throughout the whole of San Diego! Read my post here (http://localtarian.blogspot.com/2007/10/renewed-hope-in-csas.html) about why I cancelled Be Wise to join J.R. Organics.